EV Charging Installation in Clare
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution to charge electric vehicles within Clare, Ecoplex Energy Solutions will meet your needs for charging electric vehicles.
We offer a range of products and services ranging from the installation and sale of charging stations as well as repairs and maintenance. We’re experts in all aspects of electrical vehicles. We’ll ensure you’re safe and secure!
ABOUT CLARE COUNTY
County Clare is renowned for its heritage of traditional Irish music. It is also the home to a wealth of stunning landscapes.
County Clare is renowned for its heritage of traditional Irish music. It is also the home to a wealth of stunning landscapes. Clare is on the west of the Ireland coast and bordered by Galway Bay to the north and Lough Derg to the east.
In Clare, there are some of Ireland’s most famous postcard images such as the magnificent Cliffs of Moher overlooking the Atlantic, the Neolithic tomb of The Poulnabrone Dolmen, and the famous Bunratty Castle. The 13th Century castle is now the core of a historic park that hosts world-renowned medieval banquets and entertainments.
In the northern area of the Clare region, there is The Burren which is a distinctive area of limestone karst in spring full of vibrant flowers. The stunning region is well-loved by cyclists, hikers, and cave explorers. The sleepy towns in County Clare such as Doolin, Lisdoonvarna, Ennis, and Feakle are famous for their energetic entertainment and festivals featuring traditional Irish music.
STATUS OF EV CAR IN CLARE COUNTY
Clare County in Ireland is a perfect place for electric car owners because of its many charging stations, scenic routes, and beautiful scenery. In addition, the Irish government offers a variety of incentives for electric car owners, making it an ideal place to own an electric car. The government also offers a variety of charging stations across the country, making it easy to find a place to charge your car.
CLARE ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING INSTALLATION SPECIALISTS
Ecoplex is among the most reliable providers of charging points and installation points that charge electric automobiles within Clare County. Our technicians are certified to install electric vehicle chargers in commercial and residential structures. We’ll assist you in determining the best location to place your charger and make sure it’s properly installed and secured.
We also provide repair and maintenance services to assure that the charging of your device is of the highest quality and lasts for an extended period.
We Install The Smartest & Fastest EV Chargers On The Market
Home EV Car Charger Installation in Clare
EcoPlex supplies and offers Home EV Car Charger Installation in Clare with high-quality home chargers for electric cars starting from only €500.
Home charging is typically the most cost-effective and efficient method of charging the electric vehicle you drive. Since the bulk of the charging of your car takes place at home, you must find experts with the appropriate expertise and knowledge to make sure that the charging process is secure and secure.
We offer a selection of charging stations that are manufactured by top-quality firms. They’re sturdy, stylish, and cost-effective, with a three-year guarantee from the company that manufactures these charging stations.
Commercial EV Car Charger Installation in Clare
EcoPlex offers top-quality Commercial Electric Vehicle Car Charger Installation in Clare.
If you’re worried you’ll be unable to make it to work, EcoPlex offers solutions to charge your electric car while working.
We’re here to assist you with installation and regular maintenance. We’ll provide you with the most cost-effective and practical solutions to your budget and the requirements of your business.
Smart charging stations installed by our team will monitor the consumption of your employees’ energy. They also offer quarterly, monthly, or weekly, as well as annual ones that are digitally formatted.
Smart charge stations that are installed by us will track the use of energy by your employees. They will also send weekly reports in digital format each month, quarterly, or every year.
€600 SEAI GRANT AVAILABLE FOR CLARE EV CAR CHARGER INSTALLATION
You could be eligible with up to €600 to buy and install an electric home car charger.
The government-funded program was established to help homeowners install charging devices within their homes. The program offers the possibility of a loan amounting to €600 to purchase the home charging device. The applicant must have a newly-purchased EV or a second-hand one to qualify for the grant.
For more details on SEAI Grant, read our FAQs here or contact us right now.
ACA (TAX INCENTIVE SCHEME FOR BUSINESSES) – Commercial Installing EV Car Chargers in Clare
It is the Accelerated Capital Allowance Tax program is an incentive program that encourages companies to invest in technologies that help to reduce energy consumption. It’s an incentive plan that is designed to help achieve tax-related goals. ACA is an upgrade to the Capital Allowance for plants and machinery. It covers devices that use less energy, including charging electric cars.
ACA was based on “Wear as well as Tear allowance” to finance the purchase of equipment and capital investment. Capital depreciation may be repayable by tax reductions.
The grant permits businesses to reduce their profit at the time they bought the equipment. It’s an incentive tax-free that the government offers at a particular time that is 12.5% of capital expenses.
See what our customers have to say!
If you are considering having an EV charger installed at your home or business, see what our customers have to say. Know more about our quality service through their genuine reviews.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation! We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about EV Charging Installation in Clare, and help you find the perfect charging solution for your needs.
€600 SEAI Grant Available - EV Car Charger Installation
Our Chargers work with the following car brands
How much does it cost to install an electric car charger in Ireland?
We offer EV car chargers for a price of between €1,100 and €1,500 depending on the charger type and the specifications of your home. It is important to note that the SEAI Grant offers you a reduction of €600 on this installation. So, you are looking at between €500 and €900 installed. At EcoPlex we only use the best EV car chargers and installation methods, so rest assured that you’ll be getting the best bang for buck possible.
Any private owner who buys an EV car after the date of 01/01/2018, new or used, is eligible for the SEAI grant of €600. The car must be parked off-street and the EV car charger must be connected to the fuse board of the home of the applicant. The vehicle must be registered for private use to the applicant and to the address of the property where the EV car charger is being installed.
Learn more about Electric Car Charging services from Ecoplex
There are many factors that’ll have an impact on your power consumption and time to charge.
How long it takes to charge your electric car really depends on the type of charging station and your car model. Driving style, traffic speed and road conditions all have an impact on power consumption.
The average electricity fee at night is about €0,095 per kWh in Ireland at night (consumer rate). Let’s say your electric car has an empty battery and approximately 40 kWh capacity. Depending on your driving style, your car should be able to reach approximately 280 to 320 km on a single charge. Charging your electric car would cost a total of 40 x 0.095 = €3.80. This means that the power consumption per 100 kilometres is just around €1,24-1,28.
Yes and no. Just like regular electricity outlets, charging stations may have different outlets and connectors depending on the country where you’re charging and your car brand’s origin. Luckily, to make things less complicated, car manufacturers and most countries have now reduced the options to just 2 types of outlets and connectors. From the car’s side, a Type 1 socket is common for Japanese and American vehicles, and a Type 2 socket is common for European vehicles. Note: all Tesla models have a specific type of socket in the US, whereas in Europe, all Tesla models are equipped with a Type 2 socket. From the charging station’s side, all chargers in both Europe and the US are equipped with a Type 2 socket. A charging station with a fixed cable is an exception; in this case, you would always have to check if the attached cable fits into your car’s socket.
Very little. Despite being an advanced technology, electric cars are remarkably simple to maintain. The same is true for EV charging stations. If installed properly and built modularly, every piece can be easily replaced. Charging stations with online connectivity also enable remote diagnostics and repair, so you won’t be left stranded in the rare event of charger malfunction
Yes, of course. Electric vehicles can definitely be charged in the rain as proper covering shields and protective layers are applied to the charging plugs and charging stations. That prevents any kind of sparks, current loss, water mixing or short circuit.
- Any private owner who buys an eligible EV from 01/01/2018 is eligible to apply for this grant.
- The EV must be parked on an off-street parking location associated with the home and the charger must be connected back to the fuse board of the home of the applicant.
- The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN), which you can find on your electricity bill, will be used to confirm the location of your home.
- The property can not be associated with a previous EV vehicle grant and charge point offer. For example, it can not have availed of the free ESB Ecars home charger pre 2018.
- Do not commence any work before the start date on your Letter of Offer otherwise this expenditure will be deemed ineligible and you will not receive grant support for it.
Step by step process
- Complete the SEAI’s online Electric Vehicle Home Charger grant application form. You will need your Meter Point Reference Number (the full 11 digit number on the top of your electricity bill) and your home address Eircode. If you are buying a new EV here in Ireland and receiving an EV grant from SEAI, you will need to provide your application ID which will be available from your car dealer.
- You may also receive a hard copy of the application form from your nearest registered EV dealer.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a Letter of Offer. This will be issued to you complete with a set of Terms and Conditions and a Payment Request form.
- From when you receive your Letter of Offer, you have 6 months to complete the installation of your charge point.
- The work can only be performed by a fully qualified electrician who is registered accordingly with Safe Electric Ireland.
- Once the installation is completed you should complete the Payment Request Form. This will be completed by you and your Electrician.
- Your Electrician must provide you with a copy of the Certificate Number 3. Review this and ensure it is completed properly.
- Post your Payment Request Form to the address indicated on the Form together with the following items:
- Fully signed and completed Payment Request Form including bank account details
- Certificate Number 3
- Copy of Test Record sheet from Electrician
- Vehicle Registration Form (not required for a New car purchased in Ireland)
- Photographs of the installed charge point and the EV showing vehicle registration plate
Your electrician must send a fully completed copy of the Certificate Number 3 to Safe Electric Ireland. We will check with Safe Electric Ireland that the relevant certificate has been filled for that work and that the electrician is a fully approved and registered electrician. Once this is confirmed, we will make an electronic payment of the grant amount to the bank details provided by the you.
Please note, on average applications will processed for payment on the Home Charger Grant Scheme in approximately 6-8 weeks from the date documents are received into SEAI.
Claiming the ACA is very simple as the standard annual tax return procedure is the method used. The following are some simple guideline steps:
- Decide upon required piece of equipment.
- Ensure product is on the Triple E Products Register during relevant accounting period before purchasing.
- Claim the ACA for the purchased equipment on the company’s tax return form along with any other wear and tear allowances for machinery and plant
To find out if the equipment you bought, or plan to buy, is eligible for the ACA just go www.seai.ie/aca where the up to date Triple E Products Register is maintained by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). For more detailed and definitive information on how to claim the ACA please contact The Irish Revenue Commissioners (www.revenue.ie).