If you live in Ireland and own a car, you may be eligible for an SEAI Car Charger Grant. This grant can help you offset the cost of purchasing a new electric car charger for your vehicle. In this article, we will provide all the information you need to apply for the SEAI Car Charger Grant in Ireland. We will also tell you about some of the other benefits of owning an electric car in Ireland!
By now, you may already know the basic information about electric car chargers including the necessity for a home charger, length of time for recharging, costs of EV car home chargers, the process with Local EV Chargers Installers, and the safety of EV car charging installation at home. If you still have some confusion on these matters, you may read a detailed article about Electric Car Chargers for Home here.
There are many benefits to owning an electric car in Ireland. In addition to saving money on fuel costs, you will also be doing your part to reduce emissions and help the environment. Electric cars emit no pollutants or greenhouse gases, so they are much better for the planet than gas-powered vehicles. Electric cars are also very quiet, making them ideal for city driving. And, with the SEAI Car Charger Grant, they are more affordable than ever!
What is an SEAI car charger grant?
If you are thinking about buying an electric car, we encourage you to secure an EV Car Charging Installation for Home Grant. It is a great way to save money on your purchase, and it will also help you do your part to reduce emissions and help the environment.
The SEAI Home Charger Grant is a government-funded assistance scheme that enables homeowners to install an electric vehicle charging point in their homes. The scheme grants in the amount of €600 to purchasing and installing the home-charger device with the help of Local EV Charger Installers like EcoPlex. The person applying must be the owner of a qualifying first-time or used electric vehicle (EV).
Some grants can boost the energy effectiveness of your house. It is the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) that manages the grants categorized under three general schemes:
- Better Energy Homes Scheme is a program designed for landlords and homeowners who are looking to undertake certain energy improvements and oversee the process on their own.
- Improved Energy Warmer Homes scheme is a scheme for those with low incomes that gives free home energy upgrades.
- National Home Energy Upgrade Scheme is a scheme for landlords, homeowners, and Approved Housing Bodies (AHBs) who wish to improve their homes to a BER rating of B2 or more with a private company that will oversee the scheme.
This article will discuss the first scheme which is known as the Better Energy Homes Scheme which is applicable for EV Car Charging Installation for Home Grant.
Who are those qualified to receive the SEAI Car Charger Grant?
The grant is available to any private car owner in Ireland who buys and installs an eligible charger at their home.
The following criteria are considered eligible applicants for an SEAI car charger grant:
- Anyone privately owned owner who purchases an eligible EV before 01/01/2018 will be eligible to apply for the grant.
- Employees who have only the right to use a company vehicle for a minimum of 12 months from the date of application.
- The vehicle must be located in a secure parking spot that is connected to the home. The charger should be connected to the residence of the person applying. (Please consult with your electrician for the most efficient method of installation.)
- The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) you can see on your electric bill will be used used to confirm the address of your house.
- The property cannot be linked to a prior EV vehicle grant or charge point offers. For instance, it could not have used the no-cost ESB E-cars home charger before the year 2018.
- Do not start any work prior to the start date stated on the Letter of Offer. Otherwise, the expenditure will be considered ineligible, and you won’t receive grants for it.
What are the other grants available?
Aside from the EV Car Charging Installation for Home Grant, here are the other related grants offered by the Irish government:
Electric Vehicle Public Charge Point Grant
This is a federal initiative to promote the implementation of Electric Vehicle Public Charge Points. Local authorities can apply for charge points to be installed on public streets or in public car parks, which offer residents overnight parking.
Better Energy Communities 2021
The grant will require partnership from organizations that are in the following categories such as public sector, commercial domestic, community, and non-profit.
If you are interested to apply for an SEAI Car Charger Grant, EcoPlex will help you get a free quote and a grant application for home energy improvements including the car charger grant. As the best Local EV Charger Installers in Ireland, we will ensure quality service to install your car charger.
We are a one-stop-shop for all your home energy needs, from insulation to solar panels and heat pumps. Give us a call today to see how we can help you save money on your energy bills!